hello thereThese are the instructions to install Biomes O' PLenty on a Minecraft client or Linux server.
to install Biomes O' Plenty on your client. follow these instructions skip to step # if you already have forge installed\\
- Download the recommended version of Forge that corresponds to the Minecraft version you are using.
- Open the Forge installer you just downloaded and follow the instructions to install it.
- Run your Forge client once so it generates some files and folders. This will also confirm that your Forge installation worked.
- Download Biomes O' Plenty from here, and save it to
%appdata%\.minecraft\mods(NOTE: BOP versions for Minecraft 1.8+ may not be stable, so it is not recommended to run BOP for any version of Minecraft later than 1.7.10)
- Run your Minecraft Forge client. If all goes well, you should end up at the Minecraft main menu with no errors or crashes.
- If you wish to customize your BOP experience, you can alter the configuration, which generates in
%appdata%\.minecraft\config\biomesoplentyafter you run BOP the first time. Everything you need to know about modifying the configuration is documented on this page.
Server (Linux) Edit
To install Biomes O' Plenty on your Linux server (e.g. Debian or Ubuntu), follow these instructions. Make sure that your Minecraft server is shut down while you follow these instructions. If you haven't installed Minecraft at all on your server yet, Scarlz's tutorial is to be recommended. Please note: the following steps have been written for and tested with Minecraft 1.11. Future versions may require adjustments.
- Download the recommended installer version of Forge that corresponds to the Minecraft version you are using (yes, that's for Windows).
- On a windows machine, execute the Forge installer you just downloaded, select "Install server" and choose a temporary target directory, e.g. a new directory on your desktop.
- Download the version of Biomes O' Plenty which corresponds to your versions of Minecraft and Forge and save the jar file into the
modsdirectory inside your directory.
- Upload the entire content of your temporary directory to the server, right into the minecraft directory. The original minecraft jar file may be replaced, you might want to create a backup of it first.
- On your server, open the file server.properties with a text editor of your choice (e.g. vim), and edit the line
level-type=BIOMESOPinstead; save and close the file.
- Finally, run the server as usual, with the only difference that now you'll run the forge jar file instead of the original minecraft jar file, e.g. with:
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar forge-x.xx.x-xx.xx.x.xxxx-universal.jar nogui
- If you wish to customize your BOP experience, you can alter the configuration, which is located in your minecraft directory on your server at /
config/biomesoplentyafter you run the server the first time. Everything you need to know about modifying the configuration is documented on this page.